Emergency Response Assistance
In an emergency, you need emergency personnel to respond to the correct address as quickly as possible. 9-1-1 addresses have been established to handle this situation.
9-1-1 is a fast, reliable, and convenient way to contact law enforcement, fire, or Emergency Medical Services. The 9-1-1 system is designed to display your house number and street address to the 9-1-1 call-taker / dispatcher who answers your call.
Here are some suggestions to help emergency responders find you faster:
- Post your address on your house
- Make sure your address can be seen from the road, including in the dark and in bad weather
- Place house numbers in areas uncovered by shrubs or trees and where the numbers stand out from the background
- Check to see if buildings, apartments, trailers, and lots are all clearly numbered
- Make sure that addresses on mailboxes are printed on each side, can be seen in the dark and bad weather; be sure the mailbox is in front of the right house or apartment