County Broadband Project
Walton County Broadband Project
As approved by the Walton County Board of County Commissioners (BCC), Walton County has partnered with SOM1101, LLC to build a fixed wireless broadband network throughout the County.
Fixed wireless is the operation of wireless communication devices used to connect two fixed locations with a wireless link, i.e. building to building or tower to building. This will work by installing antennas on towers in strategic areas that will send a signal and connect to an antenna on a home that will bring Internet into the residence.
SOM1101 will provide at least the following service options:
Basic Service Plan (25Mbps download / 3Mbps upload):
- 24-month contract with $0 down, $45/month;
- 12-month contract with $50 down, $45/month; or
- No contract with $100 down, $45/month
Enhanced Service Plan (100Mbps download / 20Mbps upload):
- 24-month contract with $0 down, $60/month;
- 12-month contract with $50 down, $60/month; or
- No contract with $100 down, $60/month
All Service Offerings will require a separate one time $100 Professional Installation fee for a standard installation. Costs and maintenance of the consumer equipment is included in the monthly recurring fee.
Each contract shall provide for a $15/month early termination fee.