Household Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days
Household Hazardous Waste Amnesty Days – Walton County Solid Waste offers our citizens an environmentally safe way to dispose of hazardous household waste at no charge. There are two events annually, usually in the spring and again in the fall, at two separate locations in the county.
- Walton County Fairgrounds – Highway 83 North, DeFuniak Springs
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park – 7525 W County Highway 30A, Santa Rosa Beach
The dates and times will be announced and advertised on our website as well as other media outlets prior to each event. It is important to note that only official Walton County advertisements will contain correct and factual information pertaining to each event.
Walton County residents may bring the following items to the collection sites for disposal:
- Paints, stains and polyurethanes
- Degreasers, solvents and thinners
- Pool chemicals
- Household cleaners/chemicals
- Motor oil and oil filters
- Transmission and brake fluids
- Grease and other lubricants
- Hydraulic fluids
- Gasoline and Diesel
- Tires – maximum of 4 passenger vehicle sized tires per load per event with rims less than 25” in diameter – No truck, tractor or heavy equipment tires
- Automotive style batteries
- Rechargeable batteries
- Fluorescent bulbs and ballast
- Computers, monitors, printers and other electronic devices
- Residential fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides used for home lawn care or gardening.
- Farmers please use the following link to the Florida DEP Operation Cleansweep for Pesticides for the disposal of your fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides: https://floridadep.gov/waste/permitting-compliance-assistance/content/operation-cleansweep-pesticides
Items that will not be accepted at the collection site during the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events may include but are not limited to:
- Any items generated by a business (including home based), government agencies and/or non-profit organizations.
- Biohazardous Waste
*NOTE: Collection events are for residential/household quantities ONLY and not for businesses of any kind including home based businesses.
Waste from conditionally exempt small quantity generators (ex. schools and small businesses including home based) may be accepted at a discounted rate with prior approval only from the Household Hazardous Waste Coordinator, Jim Reece. Rules and restrictions may apply. Please call (850) 651-7394 for more information and/or to make the arrangements for the disposal of your hazardous waste.