Health insurance is provided through Florida Blue. Eligible participants choose between the Blue Options Co-Payment Plan, or the Blue Choice Preferred Provider Option (PPO).
- Blue Options Co-Payment (03559 and 3559): is a Co-Pay Plan for specific services provided with a $750.00 deductible ($2,250.00 per family aggregate) per calendar year. The maximum out-of-pocket expense should be $2,750 per person or $5,500 per family. An optional prescription coverage plan is offered to employees for an additional cost of $65.53 single or $135.77, for family coverage per month under this plan.
- Blue Options PPO (3360): has a $1,500 deductible ($4,500 per family aggregate) per calendar year. The plan has a $25.00 co-payment to your General Practitioner and CYD and Co-insurance for Specialists. The plan has prescription drug coverage, with $15 for generic, 30% for Brand Name, and 40% for Non-Preferred drug co-payments.
WCBCC pays 100% of the monthly insurance premium for the employee only. Family coverage is available at the participant’s cost of $378.56 monthly for plans 3559 and 3360 and $514.33 for 03559. (Per Internal Revenue Code Section 125 you may elect to have your health insurance premiums deducted from your wages on a pre-tax basis.)
WCBCC offers a voluntary dental insurance plan paid for by the participant. Coverage is provided through Principal and is designed to give you and your covered family members value and service through offering benefits ranging from annual dental examinations to orthodontics. (Per Internal Revenue Code Section 125 you may elect to have your dental insurance premiums deducted from your wages on a pre-tax basis.)
Dental Plan Rates
|Employee/Child or Children||$24.64||$49.27|
Your vision health is an important part of complete wellness. WCBCC offers a voluntary vision plan paid for by the participant. Coverage is provided through Avesis and is designed to give you and your covered family members the care, value and service to help maintain good vision and overall health.
Benefit frequency in Network:
- Complete eye exam every 12 month for a minimum co-pay of $25 ($10 for exam; $15.00 for materials)
- Spectacle lenses every 12 months or contact lenses every 12 months, maximum yearly allowance of $200 for contacts
- Spectacle frames every 24 months, maximum yearly allowance of $50 wholesale allowance (equivalent to approximately $150 retail value)
Spectacle lenses include single vision, bifocal, trifocal and lenticular. Options include youth and adult polycarbonate, standard tint, standard scratch resistant coating, ultra-violet screening and standard anti-reflective coating.
Vision Plan Rates
|Employee/Child or Children||$9.51||$19.02|
Extended Health Benefits
Long Term Disability (National Insurance Services)
Walton County BCC provides, at no cost to the participant, a long-term disability (LTD) policy for each eligible, regular status employee. The employee must be off work for 180 days before benefits commence. LTD pays a qualifying employee 60% of his or her income up to a maximum of $7,000 monthly.
Group Life Insurance
Walton County BCC provides, at no cost to the participant, a $25,000 term life / accidental death and dismemberment insurance policy for each eligible, regular status employee.
For a participant-paid monthly premium of $1.45 for each, a dependent rider is available that allows spousal ($5,000) and all dependent children ($2,500) coverage.
You may purchase additional term life insurance at group rates based on your age. If you elect additional term life insurance during your first 30 days of employment, your policy guarantees to issue $100,000 for the employee, $50,000 for covered spouses and $10,000 for each covered child.
Florida Retirement System
Walton County BCC provides a retirement benefit by partnering with you in paying contributions, based on a percentage of your gross monthly salary, to the Division of Florida Retirement System (FRS). You initially may choose to participate in the FRS Pension or Investment Plan.
- This option is designed for longer-term employees. The Pension Plan pays you a guaranteed monthly retirement benefit based on a formula that includes your years of service and salary. (You qualify for a benefit after meeting the Pension Plan’s vesting requirements.) You are vested (own the BCC-paid assets in your account) in the Pension Plan when you complete eight years of service.*
- This option is designed for shorter-term, more mobile employees. Your benefit is based on the amount of money you and the Walton County BCC contribute to your account and its growth over time. You are vested in the Investment Plan (own the assets in your account) after one year of service.
If you transfer from the Pension Plan to the Investment Plan, you can count your Pension Plan years of service toward the Investment Plan's one-year vesting requirement.
If you transfer the present value of your Pension Plan to the Investment Plan, you must complete eight years of service before you are vested.*
Per FRS regulations, you may transfer your retirement plan option only once.
* Participants who had employment with an FRS participating employer prior to October 1, 2011 may be eligible for a shorter vesting period.
For more information about the FRS, follow this link: http://www.myfrs.com
Deferred Compensation (457) Plan
A deferred compensation (457) plan is a type of non-qualified, tax-advantaged retirement plan. While Walton County does not contribute or match funds, you may contribute to the plan (in addition to the FRS) by deferring a part of your compensation, up to the annually-allowed contribution limit, on a pre-tax basis. The deferral is accomplished through a payroll deduction process 24 times a year.
For the most part, the 457 plan operates similarly to a 401(k) or 403(b). The key difference is that unlike a 401(k) plan, there is no 10% penalty for withdrawal before the age of 59½ (although the withdrawal is subject to ordinary income tax).
401K plans from previous employers can roll over to these 457 plans:
- AXA Equitable
Paid Time Off
An employee begins earning Paid Time Off on his or her date of hire and earns leave at different rates based on years of service with the organization.
| Length of Employment
hours earned per year
|Hire through end of 4.00 years
|5th year anniversary through 9.99 years
|10th year anniversary through 14.99 years
|15th year anniversary and above||312|
All eligible employees receive 12 paid holidays.
Employee Evaluation System
Employees receive annual performance evaluations and may be eligible for merit or step increases. As approved by the Board of County Commissioners employees may be eligible for cost of living adjustments (COLAs).
Payroll Direct Deposit
Walton County offers optional direct deposit to most financial institutions.
Eligible employees may join designated facilities or programs at discounted rates. Other wellness events are offered throughout the year.
Work Uniforms and Equipment
Walton County provides uniform clothes and shoes, county vehicle use and safety-related equipment for designated employees.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the FMLA 2013